Monday, April 23, 2012

Arizona Giant Centipede

 Tonight I found this lovely creature scaling our wall. It was about 6 inches long. I wasn't sure what to do with it at first. I remember Andrew telling me they were poisonous. It seemed too large to smash, plus it was about 7ft high on the wall. I decided to let it crawl into a box but I was probably shaking too much because I knocked it to the ground. It took me about 15 minutes to find it. Luckily it was hiding under a very heavy speaker so when I moved the speaker to look for it, I smashed it.

I found out that they can bite and their legs are venomous. I have found and seen lots of interesting wildlife outside but this was the first unusual thing we have seen inside. I may have trouble sleeping tonight!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!!! What about getting an exterminator out there?? Don't want Baby Cakes coming across something and getting curious!

    ReplyDelete